- Camp behavior: Please discuss respectful and cooperative behavior with your child. Our educators reserve the right to dismiss a student for reoccurring inappropriate or disruptive behavior. Behavior-related dismissals will not be refunded.
- Arrival/Pick Up: Children should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the program begins as there is no supervision before that time. Please be prompt in picking up your child after the program. There will be a charge of $5 per 5 minutes for each student that remains more than 10 minutes after a program. Before or after care is available for an additional fee.
- Use of photographs: By entering the Museum facility and/or participating in a Museum activity or event, I consent and authorize without restriction or compensation to the possible use of my, my child’s, and my accompanying group’s image appearing in photograph, audio, video or other formats which may be included in future media or marketing. If my child’s image cannot be utilized due to safety/privacy concerns, it is my responsibility to notify the Educator prior to the start of camp.
- Water, snacks, and lunch: Camp participants should bring a reusable water bottle and nut-free snack to class. All-day participants must bring a nut-free lunch that does not require refrigeration.
What if my child requires additional assistance?
- Children of all abilities are encouraged to participate in our camps and classes. In order to ensure a fun and safe experience for your child, please inform us if your child has any allergies and/or special needs. Gilbert House Children’s Museum does not provide 1:1 supervision for participants needing assistance with personal care; however care providers* are welcome to attend camp or classes at no extra charge. Please email Julia Golden, Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com if you would like to inquire further. Gilbert House Children’s Museum reserves the right to request 1:1 supervision for participants.
*Background Checks for Adults:
If an adult caregiver’s intention for staying is to help their child transition for a portion of the camp day, no background check is needed. If the adult caregiver’s intention is to stay for the entire camp or class to support a child (i.e. first drop-off experience, medical support, need for 1-on-1 support, etc.) they will need to complete a background check. The cost of the background check is $20 and parents will be asked to pay this fee.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Full payment is required at time of registration.
- Occasionally, unforeseen circumstances or low program registrations require us to cancel a program. If this happens, we will notify you by phone at least one week before the first day of the program, and you will receive a full refund. All classes must meet our minimum registration requirements to proceed.
- I understand that if I withdraw 30 or more days prior to the start of a class, I will receive a 100% refund minus a $20 registration fee; if I withdraw 29 – 8 days prior, I will receive a 50% refund minus a $20 registration fee; if I withdraw 7 days prior or fewer, there is no refund.
- No credits or pro-rated credits will be issued for partial attendance at a class or missed days of class due to illness, behavior issues, or any other reason. A refund request form must be completed within one week of cancellation.