JOB TITLE: SUMMER CAMP EDUCATOR
REPORTS TO: SUMMER CAMP COORDINATOR
Key Job Elements:
Gilbert House Children’s Museum is now accepting applications for teaching positions for the 2017 Summer Camp
Program. The summer camp program features seven week-long camps focusing on science, art, history, technology,
and the environment. Each camp meets from 9am-4pm. The age groups for the camps range from 5-11 year olds with
a maximum of 16 campers per camp. Summer Camp Educators will be expected to deliver our already-developed
lesson plans and related activities, provide proper supervision of campers, assign tasks to summer camp volunteers,
and follow Museum policies.
Duties and responsibilities include:
● Attend a mandatory teacher workshop (July 5-7, 2017)
● Learn existing curriculum
● Implement thematic lesson plans
● Previous experience working with children, youth and diverse audiences (one year of experience teaching or
tutoring in the arts, sciences, and/or humanities to children ages 1-12 in a museum, or other informal
education setting preferred).
● Proven customer service skills.
● Excellent communication skills including writing, public speaking, and customer service.
● Ability to learn and apply inquiry, interpretive, and non-formal education methods.
● Proven organizational and time management skills.
This is a non-exempt, part-time, seasonal position and is not eligible for benefits. All candidates must be able to
ascend and descend stairs and have the ability to lift 25 pounds. All candidates must pass a Criminal Background
Duration: July 5-August 28, 2017 (8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday); Orientation July 5-7, 2017
Compensation : $12.00 per hour
Email (with subject line: Summer Camp Educator) resume, reference, and cover letter by June 1, 2017 to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS, please.