JOB TITLE: PART-TIME VISITOR EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: Visitor Services Coordinator
Gilbert House Children’s Museum welcomes over 85,000 visitors annually and provides a multitude of opportunities for families to engage in learning through creative play. The Visitor Experience Associate is responsible for promoting a fun, safe, and clean learning experience for all visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Educational Learning Opportunities – Lead an educational lesson with visitors. As well as running projects outlined by the Programs Lead, Visitor Services Coordinator, and/or Outreach Coordinator.
- Customer Service – Interact with visitors and promote memberships, learning opportunities, events, and activities.
- Exhibit Restaging – Make sure all exhibits are staged and fully stocked before opening and throughout the day.
- Sanitation – Follow daily sanitation schedule for exhibit components and sanitation protocols.
- Supporting Admissions – provide Admission staff 10 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch and check in with Admissions staff regularly throughout the day.
- Museum Rounds – Walk the entire Museum and Outdoor Discovery Center a minimum of once an hour.
- Exterior Rounds – Walk along Water Street to check for safety concerns.
- Membership Service – Provide tours to patrons and/or parents
- Field Trips – Provide Field Trip orientations and extra customer service care when needed
- Birthday Party – Assist in staging room and extra customer service care when needed.
- Communication – check emails, calendar and museum website daily.
- Staff Meetings – Attend required staff meetings and committee meetings.
- Safety – Report all safety concerns to the Operations Coordinator immediately and/or Manager on Site.
- Other assigned duties.
Compensation : $9.75 per hour (minimum wage)
Management reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position and is not eligible for benefits. All candidates must be able to
ascend and descend stairs and have the ability to lift 25 pounds. All candidates must pass a Criminal Background
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, bring your resume to Gilbert House Children’s Museum, or mail to: Gilbert House Children’s Museum, 116 Marion St NE, Salem, OR 97301.
NO PHONE CALLS, please.