Keeping to the ideals and ways of A.C. Gilbert, the one for whom Gilbert House Children’s Museum is named after, our Homeschool Hangouts offer sessions that provide children with the opportunity to be innovative and have stimulating educational experiences through engaging activities aligned with Next Generation Science Standards. All Homeschool Hangouts are appropriate for kids ages 5-12.
Please check on Gilbert House Children’s Museum online event calendar for specific class information.
The cost for each Homeschool Hangout session is $10/participant (for Gilbert House Members) and $15/participant (non-member rate). Click HERE to download a registration form. The registration form needs to be completed prior to attending the first session, but only needs to be filled once per school year. Please sign up and pay at least one week prior to each session.
Homeschool Hangouts will take place on the following dates, and you can select from either session time. Sessions run from 10:00AM-12:00PM & 1:00-3:00PM.
- January 12 & 26, 2017 – Cars: Design and Engineer Gravity, Wind, and Electric Cars
- February 9 & 23, 2017 – Bridges: Build and Engineer Bridges Over Troubled Water
- March 16, 2017 – Rockets: Blast-off! Build and Fly Your Own Rockets
- April 13 & 27, 2017 – Erector Sets: A.C. Gilbert’s Famed Creation
- May 11 & 25, 2017 – Trains: Tinker with American Flyer Trains